Friday, November 21, 2014

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

Cue Jeopardy Music...
Doo doo, doo doo, doo doo doo....OK so I'm just being a little silly. But don't we all sometimes need a little silliness in our day to cut through the boredom or anxiety? Even the Bible tells us "A merry heart does good like a medicine." Don't believe in God or the Bible? How about "Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face." (Victor Hugo) Or "A day without laughter is a day wasted." (Charlie Chaplin) So laugh away!
I Know Why You're Here
After recoloration, this was the base image for Rock Star
I know most of you who drop by are here to read about a new indie author and their books. And occasionally I give you the run down on a great site I found for indie authors - like Grammarly.com. I featured today's site once before, but I'm so pleased with them, I had to give them another shout out. Of course, the site is Dollar Photo Club. I joined the Club about three months ago. After a week, I signed up to be an ambassador for them. After two weeks, I did a full feature on their site. So yes, I do absolutely love Dollar Photo Club. But rather than blathering on about them, I thought I'd just show you the awesome images I've downloaded from their site, and tell you where I've used them. So here goes....
Recolored & used over Rock Star image







Used in Facebook posts & Tweets














I used two different art programs to recolor and change the opacity of the images so they would fit into the Dream Weaver brand. I have to chuckle a little. I got a message from someone on Twitter, asking me why I had to use 'demonic' imagery in my tweets. Um...huh? Do you think the image above of the skull is demonic? I just thought it was a cool rock n roll image. Went great with my character and the story.
This one was cropped and used on Breaking Normal
Em's original bad-assery on the Breaking Normal cover
For a little game I like to play called Flash Reviews
I know, a little out of character for me. For Sunshine & Daisies
Top Notch
As you can see, the images are diverse and all very high quality. And their name means exactly what it says: Dollar Photo Club. When you join for $10/month, you get 10 downloads. And even if you don't use your downloads each month, you still get to keep them. As well, if you decide it's just not in your budget anymore but you still have downloads, they will still let you use your downloads. Pretty cool huh?

Down To The Brass Tax
I have never been one to jump on a bandwagon and blather on about a bunch of different places, people and things. But when I do find a site that I am thoroughly impressed with, I have to shout it from the mountain tops. And Dollar is one of those sites. 

So if you're an indie author, a book cover designer, or just want to spice up your social media with professional and totally cool images, I encourage you to check out Dollar Photo Club.
DOLLAR PHOTO CLUB

I hope you're all having a wondermous day! Coming soon...Miss Lorraine Adair!
As always...
Dare to Dream!
Su

No comments:

Post a Comment