Sunday, February 16, 2014

ARE YOU ON FAEBOOKS.CO.UK?

Before We Begin...
I wanted to give a word of thanks to all the fans and friends of Dream Weaver Novels. Your support has put Dream Weaver and Rock Star in the #1 slot in several Listopia Lists, and the top 5 in several more. The Kindle Free Promo put Dream Weaver at #8 and Rock Star at #11 of free young adult paranormal/urban fantasy. Both Dream Weaver & Rock Star are only 99 cents right now, so please help me spread the word.

And Now.....

Diggin' the hair, babe!

Sarah Fae, tell readers about yourself, where you’re from and about your website.
Hi all! I’m Sarah Fae. I’m twenty-five years old, I’m a bit of a rock chick and I live in Newcastle, in England, UK with my two Bichon Frise dogs, Trixie and Teddy. I love music, reading, tattoos, my New Rock boots and anything a bit weird and wonderful.

I run everything to do with FaeBooks.co.uk. Fae Books is my blog. I blog about all sorts but the main theme of the blog is books and everything to do with them. I focus mainly on promoting authors, writers and their work. I do write a bit myself. I’ve a book that’s been awaiting final edits since last year, but my priority is and has always been to promote others first and foremost, so my own writing takes a back seat to enable me to do that.

The blog focuses mainly on works of Fiction in Fantasy/Paranormal/Horror but I do host books in other genres. Each blog booking is looked at on a case by case basis, so anyone can feel free to contact me, and you and your work will be viewed on an individual basis. Books are so diverse that it wouldn’t be fair to “judge a book by its cover” so to speak.

I love running giveaways along with book promo, I think it’s fun and rewarding for the readers that help to promote a book by sharing it and telling their friends about it.

Not only can you book a blog hosting, you can also book in with the Fae Books Revieweing Team to have your book considered for review by the ladies on my team.  I also began arranging book tours last year and will be aiming get back to that this year with my free introductory tours. If you’re interested in that, just join my mailing list and you’ll find out exactly when I’m taking bookings for those (http://eepurl.com/N3tfL). As part of the mailing list you’ll also find out when I’m open for sponsor sign ups on any new giveaways I’m organizing.



What makes Fae Books different?
Fae Books is  run purely for enjoyment on my part. It’s my way of coping with being in such poor health. I spend a lot of time indoors (I’ve recently learned to go back outside though after suffering with Agoraphobia and Socialphobia for years), so the blog is literally what keeps me going and I thoroughly enjoy it. The blog isn’t just covering one genre of books but takes on books from all sorts of genres and I’m always around to help anyone who feels I could be of some help to them.

What is the biggest/best thing an author can do make the most of your site?
You can arrange a blog booking, reviews both by myself and my team, advertise on the site, tours, giveaways. Just be sure to read the “blog bookings”, “review policy” and “booking reviews” pages thoroughly before you submit your requests for consideration.

Do you have plans for bigger, better things in the future?
I do. I intend to get back to arranging my tours. I took time out due to personal circumstances but I’m heading towards being able to do it again soon. I hope for the blog to keep growing as it has over the last year.

Why did you start Fae Books?
I began Fae Books because I was already an avid reader and I wanted some kind of other hobby that I could take enjoyment from and that would occupy my time. At the time I hadn’t left the house in almost a year due to Agoraphobia and Socialphobia, so the blog was my way of reaching out and making new friends, without having to physically see anybody. It was my connection to the outside world.

Are there any indie authors that have grasped your interest recently and why? (links to their website too!)
Yes, definitely.  You should check out:
Matthew D. Ryan - www.matthewdryan.com

Do you have any advice for writers?
My advice would honestly just be, stay true to yourself and your ideas. Don’t try to conform to “the norm”, because for me, it’s individuality that grasps my attention, and I’m sure many others. The likes of Tolkien didn’t try to be normal, he was himself, with his own ideas and his own style and that’s what made him stand out from the crowd.

One of your favorite quotes -
“I am what I am, and what I am I will always be” - Drasmyr by Matthew D. Ryan

List 3 books you just recently read and would recommend?
The Ghost Hunters - Neil Spring - www.neilspring.com
Awakening (Valkyrie Diaries #1) - K.A. Young - www.kayoungbooks.com
Drasmyr - Matthew D. Ryan - www.matthewdryan.com

Anything else about you or your site you’d like readers to know?
We tend to book up months in advance, both for reviews and blog bookings, so it’s never too soon to get Fae Books on board. If you have an impending release or something you’d like me to know, just fire me an email anytime and I’ll be glad to help (FaeBooks7 AT gmail DOT com)

Where can your readers stalk you?
My facebook page: www.facebook.com/ptsdblog

Does your site also have a presence on Goodreads?
Yes, you can add me here: 


A Few Words from Me
I can tell you from experience that working with Sarah and her team is a wonderful experience. They are great supportive group of people to get connected with. I hope you'll all connect with Sarah and her team!  Hey Sarah! Put me on your tour list!!!

Thanks for stopping by Dream Weaver Novels. If you're interested in getting a copy of my books or you know someone who might enjoy them, now is a great time. Both Dream Weaver & Rock Star are only 99 cents right now. Hope you'll check it out! 

And as always...
Dare to Dream!
Su

No comments:

Post a Comment