Saturday, September 14, 2013

USE GRAMMARLY Because you can't eat Serial, or chase your own Tale!

I use Grammarly's grammar corrector because the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit, is HUGE! And Grammarly would totally pick up that little plagiarism there too. OH! I got another one: I use Grammarly's grammar correct because it's important to know 'how you're doing, my friend' rather than 'how you're doing my friend.' Tee hee! Just couldn't resist.

An Author's New Bestie!
I am so excited about the feature website this week! While editing Dream Weaver, I just used the grammar checker that came with the word processor. And it was great. I learned a lot. But GRAMMARLY does so much more. But, here, let me have them explain it their own words.

Grammarly is an automated proofreader and your personal grammar coach. Correct up to 10 times more mistakes than popular word processors. [We] provide another set of eyes to help perfect your writing. Grammarly’s patent-pending grammar checking technology reviews and improves your text, correcting grammar, spelling, word choice and style mistakes with unmatched accuracy. Give Grammarly 60 seconds and see what pesky grammar errors you missed in your text!

What's the diff?
So, tell me, is this like the grammar checker on my word processor?
Grammarly is waaay better. We check over 250 points of grammar to improve any text. You can insert academic, professional and creative writings that all require unique styles of editing.We give you Context Optimized Synonyms that keep your story, article...in mind.

Is that all Grammarly does?
Oh, no. We're more complex than simply grammar. We use an Adaptive Spell Checker to make sure you're using the right correctly-spelled word in the right context.

Yeah, not so professional looking when you use 'two' when you should've used 'too'. What else?
Well, we have a checker for Plagiarism Detection & Citations. We Find Errors That Microsoft® Word Can’t like Contextual Spelling, Modifiers, Prepositions, correct Punctuation, and Quantifiers.

You can Use Grammarly Anywhere (and Everywhere!) to Improve Your Writing Skills. You get Instant Results and best of all you receive Fanatical Support. Our support representatives are available 24/7 to answer any questions you have about Grammarly.

WOW! That sounds fantastic. I'm using my 7-day Trail right now. And if I don't love it, I can cancel my subscription within the trial period with absolutely no problems. Thanks Grammarly for sharing your site with us. I've no doubt that many authors could make use of your awesome services. It's like an instant proof-reader. 

Thanks for stopping by everyone!
And as always...
Dare to Dream!
Su

No comments:

Post a Comment