Monday, August 5, 2013

HAPPY SUMMER DAY!!!

Tough little tree! Perseverance!
LOVIN' SUMMER
I love the sun, little darlin'. I love the sun, dootn doo doo. Aw yes, I must be waxing nostalgic. Damn, I hope I'm not dating myself. Oh, well. I've got so much to share with everyone but I don't want to overwhelm you. So I'll have to rein myself in a bit. I hope everyone is enjoying the posts with great reader/writer sites, as well as the author interviews. I went to the PNWA conference last month and met some more great writers to introduce to you. But...not...just...yet...

FEATURED WEBSITES
This week's post is about featuring great websites for aspiring authors and voracious readers. I've featured so many already but there is still a never-ending plethora of places for public perusal. So, let's get to it...

Awesomegang.com is 'where great readers meet great writers.' Authors can submit their books for free, and the Awesomegang staff typically gets the info into their newsletter within a couple of days. They were so fast, something I am not used to, that I missed the edition my book was listed in, and I had to ask for a link to the newsletter. (Dream Weaver on Awesomegang) Awesomegang is also connected to BookGoodies.com. Both are great venues to get your story out before the public. And they have lists of all the genres, so readers can find new authors to stalk.

Another great reader/writer site is The Masquerade Crew. This month is Mystery Month on the Crew. So, if that's your thing, check 'em out. They do promotions, reviews, giveaways and features. And they conduct some fun contests too!
If you'd like to connect with The Masquerade Crew:

TWO GOOD TO KNOW
There are two kinda-big sites that everyone should or has gone to. One is Reader's Favorite, book reviews and award contests. They sponsor book contests and give free reviews. Granted, the wait time can be a long one because their process is meant to mirror the actual book-buying experience. But they offer a range of services from free to a reasonable fee. And they don't just review for us indie types. They've worked with greats like James Patterson, Nicholas Sparks and David Baldacci. So getting the Reader's Favorite seal of approval is a big deal! Become a Tweep at

The other site is AskDavid.com Now getting listed on this site can take a bit of time unless you're willing to pay a little bit ($15). I just double checked and they are closed to 'free' submissions for a while because they are so overwhelmed by requests. It's another great site to get the word out or find a great book. They even offer promo packages! David's Twitter handle is and he has 18,300 followers. Now that's exposure! 

TA DAH!
Well, there you have it! All of this week's phenomenal sites for writers and readers. Check them out and let me know what you think!

MARISSA MEYER
By now, regulars know I am a true fan of Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles), not just as a writer but as a person. I try to keep tabs on what she's doing without being too stalker-ish. Recently, I was sent a link to a post on her blog via Goodreads. In the post, she outlines her editing technique. I was amazed at how complex it was. And I wanted to share it with all of you. So, if you're a writer-ly type in need of some ideas, CHECK THIS OUT! And she has a cool site, too.

STILL LOOKING FOR VOTES!
Thank you to all of you who have voted in the AuthorsdB.com Book Cover Contest. Please, please, please spread the word to your friends. Word of mouth is the best advertisement! If each person who has jumped on the Dream Weaver train just tells 5 friends, not just about the contest, but the book as well, and so on, the reach can be astronomical. I'd appreciate all the help I can get! So here's the link to the cover contest:Dream Weaver cover

And please don't forget to pass on the buy links to people you know who might like Dream Weaver.
As always...
Dare to Dream!
Su


No comments:

Post a Comment