Thursday, August 15, 2013

COMING UP...AND UP AND COMING!

COMING SOON...
Greetings, all. I just wanted to share with you some of the things I've got coming along soon. First, I anxiously await interview answers from Mr. Arthur Crandon of Hong Kong. Arthur has written a novel entitled Deadly Election and I took the opportunity to pick his brain a bit. As soon as I have his answers to my questions, I will be posting it for you here.

Second, I had the privilege of meeting Mr. William Kenower at this summer's PNWA conference last month. He did a seminar on Marketing & Promotion for indie authors. His class was one of those that keeps you thinking and a bit entertained as well. I got to speak with him after the session, and he was kind enough to consent to an interview. So, I plan to feature him in an upcoming post.

THIRD...& A FIRST
I recently joined a group on Goodreads for indie authors. I introduced myself and left it at that. The next morning, I had an email in my inbox from an author named Jennifer Loveless. She introduced herself and told me about her children's books that have received 5 star reviews from Reader's Favorite, and requested an interview. Absolutely! So I am very excited to introduce Jennifer, my first ever children's author interview, some time in the next couple of weeks. Keep an eye out for 'Holly Horse and the Great Quest'!

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

Dyson says, 'Vote today!'
The cover for Dream Weaver is still doing great on the AuthorsdB.com cover contest...hovers in the top 8. So please please please keep passing the word and vote. Shawn Foote, the artist, truly deserves the props for his amazing artwork.


Also, Dream Weaver was place on a few lists on Listopia on Goodreads. Again, I would muchly appreciate any support you can give by taking a few quick minutes to vote. Currently, Dream Weaver is #1 on Great Paranormal Indie Books Everyone Should Know About. I am pleasantly surprised. Below are the links to various Listopia lists that Dream Weaver is on. Every vote counts and each is a stepping stone to getting the book in front of people.

I realize there are quite a few lists, so choose the ones you prefer.
YA Books About Depression, Self-harm & Suicide (Dream Weaver is tied for 20th)
Books With Darker Themes (Dream Weaver is 9th)
YA INDIE (tied for 14th)
New Indie Books (tied for 11th)
Am I Blue? YA & Adult Paranormal/Urban Fantasy Covers (in 26th up against some big books!)
First in a Series 2013 (not sure where it's at; up against 551 other books!)
Best 'Eye' on the Cover (192 out of 481)

Thank you all so much! On this learning journey, I've discovered that writing a book is a lot like raising a child...it takes a village. It will take little things like your vote to boost Dream Weaver through the crowd of indie books out there! I am convinced this is not a one author job.

And as always!

Dare to Dream!
Su
 
PS...My daughter is an anime fan and we recently attend a con here in Spokane, KuroNekoCon! Sarah was Princess Luna from My Little Pony, and we got a pic with her favorite Dr. from Dr. Who.
But alas, the weekend playing royalty wore her out. We had a great time, though!

Oh Hey! And a special shout out to the folks from Romania, Latvia and Sweden who come to visit! Thanks, guys!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment