Monday, December 10, 2012

5 Copies of Dream Weaver from NaNo and CreateSpace

As a winner of NaNoWriMo I received a list of prizes I could claim. One of those prizes was 5 free printed copies of my manuscript from CreateSpace. How cool is that?

So, I did a final spit and polish on Dream Weaver and submitted it to the CreateSpace website. After no less than 8 uploads, I finally managed to embed my fonts and got my manuscript layout and cover design approved. And today I ordered 2 copies of the ARCs (Author's Review Copy) that should arrive by Friday, Dec. 14.

I hadn't actually planned on self-publishing for another few months. I planned on continuing my campaign of submitting partials and query letters to agents and editors. But how could I pass this up? There's no law that says you can't self-publish AND take the traditional route to publishing your book. As a matter of fact, if you can drum up enough sales, it makes your story all the more appealing to those AEs out there.

So now there's a billion more things I'll need to do, like create an author page on Good Reads...Who knew so much goes into the publishing of a book besides actually writing the book? Despite having spent the last 4 years learning all I can about the trade, I still feel very much like the tyro writer I was before. There is so much to learn, so much to do. Many thanks to all of you who have helped me along the way in more ways than I can describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment